DAY AT THE BEACH | FAQ
Thank you for attending DAY AT THE BEACH on Saturday, April 15, 2023 at CSULB! As a reminder, this event was an open house experience for newly-admitted students and their families and is not considered an official orientation. Once you accept your offer of admission, register for Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) to prepare for Fall!
Each student gets their own account to access online campus services and their own CSULB email address. This email address is the primary mode of communication from the university to students. You will need to activate your account to access the DAY AT THE BEACH RSVP form.
Once you receive your offer of admission, you can follow these instructions to activate your student account:
- Go to the CSULB Password Utility and select Next.
- Then, enter your new CSULB email address (found in your admission email) and follow the instructions to set the password for your account.
- To set your password, you will need to confirm that it’s really you logging in by getting a verification code through a phone call or text message. (The phone number will be the one you used in your Cal State Apply application.)
After you activate your account, you can log in to CSULB Single Sign-On at https://sso.csulb.edu, which is where you will be able to access your new email and other online services for students.
Remember, the deadline to accept your offer of admission is May 1!
To submit your admission decision follow the steps below:
- Log in to MyCSULB Student Center. Throughout your time as a student, you'll use this hub to review your financial aid information, register for classes, check your account balance, and more.
- In the Admissions section, select “Accept/Decline.”
- Follow the instructions to Accept/Decline Admission Offer.
When you accept your admission, you must pay the enrollment deposit, unless you qualify for a waiver. You can pay the enrollment deposit via credit card (MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and Discover are accepted) or electronic check. If you qualify for a waiver, the online process will automatically notify you. Once you accept your admission offer, you will receive an immediate confirmation that your acceptance and deposit have been accepted.
No - DAY AT THE BEACH was an optional and free open house event for newly-admitted students and their families to get a sneak peek at campus, meet the colleges, and connect with student organizations.
Once you accept your admission offer, you will be required to attend a mandatory Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) session before the start of classes in the Fall. Learn more about SOAR.
DAY AT THE BEACH planning for 2024 is underway for the incoming Fall 2024 class. Details will be posted as they become available.