Emergency Reference Guide
Public Health Information:
Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services:
- Public Health Infoline: 562.570.4499 (24-hr recorded message)
CSULB Student Health Center:
- Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wed: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Closed weekends and campus holidays
For more information please call SHS at 562.985.4771 or visit the Student Health Services website.
- Washing hands regularly with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer frequently.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home from work or class if you are sick and seek medical assistance.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze; or cough or sneeze into clothing sleeves if possible.
- Avoiding close social interaction in large groups.
- Eating healthy food, drink plenty of water, exercise, get plenty of rest, do not smoke and avoid alcoholic beverages.