This is a carousel with auto-rotating slides. Activate any of the buttons to disable rotation. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate, or jump to a slide with the slide dots.
METRIC Scholarship Program
The Mentored Excellence Toward Research and Industry Careers (METRIC) scholarship program aims to improve recruitment, retention, and graduation of low-income and academically talented students from communities unrepresented in the Physical Sciences and Mathematics to prepare them to be the next generation of scientific leaders in their communities.
METRIC students receive need-based scholarships and participate in activities designed to facilitate their scholastic and professional development and to prepare them for careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
You do not need to have stellar grades to apply!
Selected students will:
- Receive a need-based scholarship up to $7400/year while staying eligible to enable the student to focus on their scholastic potential
- Attend workshops and activities designed to provide specialized training that will support their career and leadership development
- Meet regularly with a faculty mentor in the student's major to help keep the student on track to their degree
- Receive peer mentorship from a more senior student in their major
- Receive funding to attend and present at conferences
- Receive funding that supports their academic success (for example, tutoring and GRE fee)
- Be in a lifelong network of students in the Physical Sciences and Mathematics