Technical Support Services
The CNSM Tech Team supports faculty and staff in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics with technical support.
How to Get Help
Request Service from the CNSM Tech Team
The link above will open a ticket directly with the CNSM Tech Team.
Drop-ins welcome Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm at HSCI-162 (G2 Computer Lab).
CNSM Technical Support Services (CNSM-Tech) is here to support information technology in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
To this end, we support the faculty, staff, and students with a variety of technologies.
Additional we are the campus-designated "Technical Coordinators" for CNSM and act as liaisons between our college and the greater campus technical community, namely the Division of Information Technology (DoIT) and Academic Technology Services (ATS).
Some of the services and support we offer include:
- Desktop support
- Computer setup, maintenance, and disposal
- Peripheral setup, maintenance, and disposal
- Consultation and trainings
- Assistance with Purchasing Compliance Reviews (PCRs)
- Software installation and troubleshooting
- Web site development
- Networking support (wired and wireless)
- Email, listservs, distribution groups, and shared mailboxes
- Microsoft Office 365, including common office apps, SharePoint, and Teams
- Server administration and support
- Network shares and cloud storage
- Digital safety, asset management, and compliance
- Guidance on data security and FERPA compliance
The CNSM Tech team are the designated local administrators of all campus-owned systems housed in CNSM and are responsible for ensuring compliance with university policies, CSU policies, and applicable state and federal laws.
General email address: CNSM-Tech@csulb.edu - this will email all members of the team directly.
- David Goulet, Technical Services Supervisor - David.Goulet@csulb.edu
- Dan Pankratz, IT Consultant and Desktop Support Specialist - Daniel.Pankratz@csulb.edu
- Muhammad Damanhuri, IT Consultant and Desktop Support Specialist - Muhammad.Damanhuri@csulb.edu
- Thuy Nguyen, IT Consultant and Desktop Support Specialist - Thuy.Nguyen@csulb.edu
- Danny Ames, Web Programmer - Daniel.Ames@csulb.edu
- Knowledge Base - this campus website contains answers to frequently asked questions, how-to guides, troubleshooting instructions, and campus guidelines regarding technology.
- Outages/Degradations - this page contains a list of known system issues affecting the campus.
Did You Know?
CSULB faculty, students and staff have free, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com), a leading online learning company that provides business, software, technology, and creative skills training led by recognized industry experts. The site allows you to brush up on existing skills or learn new subjects. To get started with LinkedIn Learning, log in to CSULB Single Sign-On (SSO), then use the LinkedIn Learning tile.