Technical Support Services
CNSM Tech Friendly supports faculty and staff in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics with technical support.
How to Get Help
Request Service from CNSM Tech Friendly
The link above will open a Service Request ticket directly with CNSM Tech Friendly.
Send an email to email@example.com.
Messages to this address will generate a Service Request ticket.
Please do not cc, bcc, or forward any emails when using this email address.
Drop-ins welcome Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm at HSCI-222.
By phone: 562.985.5309 (please use only for cases when unable to submit a Service Request ticket)
General guidelines on requesting help and communicating with CNSM Tech Friendly:
- All technical support requires a Service Request ticket
- Submit only one Service Request per issue
- Do not submit Service Requests on behalf of other users
- Provide as much of the following information as available/relevant:
- Brief description of issue
- Messages or error codes
- Screenshots or photos
- Brief device description
- Purpose of device
- Location of device
- Availability for tech team to access device
- Communicate within the ticket system
- We communicate through notifications from the ticket system
- You can reply directly to ticket emails and it will notify us
- Please do not reply, cc or forward responses to ticket communications back to individual emails
CNSM Tech Friendly (formerly CNSM Tech Team) is here to support information technology in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
We are the campus-designated "Technical Coordinators" for CNSM and act as liaisons between our college and the greater campus technical community, namely the Division of Information Technology (DoIT) and Academic Technology Services (ATS).
Some of the services and support we offer include:
- Desktop support
- Computer setup, maintenance, and disposal
- Peripheral setup, maintenance, and disposal
- Consultation and trainings
- Assistance with Purchasing Compliance Reviews (PCRs)
- Software installation and troubleshooting
- Web site development
- Networking support (wired and wireless)
- Email, listservs, distribution groups, and shared mailboxes
- Microsoft Office 365, including common office apps, SharePoint, and Teams
- Server administration and support
- Network shares and cloud storage
- Digital safety, asset management, and compliance
- Guidance on data security and FERPA compliance
The CNSM Tech Friendly technicians are the designated administrators of all campus-owned systems in CNSM and are responsible for ensuring compliance with university policies, CSU policies, and applicable state and federal laws.
General email address: CNSM-Tech@csulb.edu - this will email all members of the team directly.
- Thuy Nguyen, IT Consultant and Desktop Support Specialist - Thuy.Nguyen@csulb.edu
- Muhammad Damanhuri, IT Consultant and Desktop Support Specialist - Muhammad.Damanhuri@csulb.edu
- Andrej Bosanac, IT Consultant and Desktop Support Specialist - Andrej.Bosanac@csulb.edu
- Danny Ames, Web Programmer - Daniel.Ames@csulb.edu
- Knowledge Base - this campus website contains answers to frequently asked questions, how-to guides, troubleshooting instructions, and campus guidelines regarding technology.
- Outages/Degradations - this page contains a list of known system issues affecting the campus.
Did You Know?
CSULB faculty, students and staff have free, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com), a leading online learning company that provides business, software, technology, and creative skills training led by recognized industry experts. The site allows you to brush up on existing skills or learn new subjects. To get started with LinkedIn Learning, log in to CSULB Single Sign-On (SSO), then use the LinkedIn Learning tile.