Spring 2021 Application Deadline (ONLY Evening MBA & MS Accountancy)
- October 1, 2020
Fall 2021 Application Deadline
- April 1, 2021
General Admissions Process
Please note that you can only apply to one of our graduate programs. If you are unsure about which program is best for you, contact us.
- Use Cal State Apply to file your application before the Application deadlines
- Pay a non-refundable $70 fee
- International Applicants seeking F1 visas are eligible for admission to the following programs:
- MS Accountancy
- MS Finance
- MS Information Systems (accelerated track only) - STEM
- MS Marketing Analytics (accelerated track only) - STEM
- Accelerated MBA
- Evening MBA
- Online MBA
Meeting minimum and/or general requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or greater
- GMAT or GRE test scores
- GMAT requirements: At least 500 overall score; 4.0 essay score; 4.0 integrated reasoning score
- GRE requirements: At least 150 in each verbal and quantitative section; 4.0 essay score.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Short Answer Personal Statement (1500 characters max)
- Describe a time when you dealt with someone who was difficult.
- How did you handle that situation?
- What would you do differently if you could do it over again?
- Video Statement of Purpose:
- Describe your career goals in the next 3-5 years, and
- Your long-term dream job.
- You can use a platform such as YouTube to create the video. Include the link in the application form.
- Application FAQs
- Contact Us for an ADA-compliant format for the Video Statement of Purpose
International Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as early in the application period as possible (deadlines.) Once the applicant has been admitted and an I-20 has been issued, it can take several weeks to obtain a visa.
Along with the General Application Requirements, all international applicants to CSULB must submit the following checklist items:
- Apply as early in the application period as possible
- Meet or exceed English language requirement minimum test score
- Submit original or certified copies of ALL OFFICIAL academic records, transcripts/individual marksheets, certificates, and diplomas.
- Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are required to have the institution(s) directly send their official transcript(s) to International Admissions. Opened transcripts are not considered official.
- English translations of all academic records and certificates/diplomas are required if they are in a language other than English. You can use Southern California Translation Service or Northern California Translation Service.
- Use WES (World Education Services) for 3rd party evaluation
- Await notification. Your application will be evaluated as soon as it is complete.