You are here


Frequently Asked Questions


Who can I speak with about using our product on campus?

D&CS does not maintain a large materials library so we recommend scheduling product intros and presentations when we are researching your Division for a specific project.

The best way to learn if we have a project that could use your product is to email our Administrative Coordinator at

Where can I find a campus map?

If you don’t find what you need here, please contact our Physical Planning Group at 562.985.4131

Can I get a copy of our office/building layout?

Please email your request to

Depending on your request, we may need you to sign a release form.

For security purposes, we are unable to provide complete building plans.

There’s a lot of activity next to our building, what’s going on / how do I report a problem?

Please refer to “Current Projects link”

If the activity is related to one of our projects, please call us at 562.985.4175 and we’ll  have the assigned Construction Manager contact you as soon as possible to address any concerns.

When does a project pay the DCS PRE (project related expenses)? 

PRE is not paid until the project goes to bid and construction. All scope definition, project management of design, any cost estimating, and any additional assistance prior to construction is work performed by DCS not charged to the project/ department.

How is a project manager chosen for my project?

A project manager is chosen for a project based upon various factors but here are the 3 main factors:

  1. Workload
  2. Familiarity with client 
  3. Familiarity with scope of work.

Are there University standards for paint and carpet etc., and does everyone have to adhere to them?

There are University standards; however, discussions can be open with University Planning and DCS for variance from the standards in certain circumstances.

Can I contact you for a cost estimate for my project?

DCS is here to help with any scope clarifications, any cost estimating, any support required to help define projects for future funding.

How are architects and sub consultants selected to perform minor capital work on campus?

Every year, a Task Order Service Agreement (TOSA) for various sub consultants to submit their qualifications for consideration. Based upon internal review of RFQ and meetings within DCS and planning, sub consultants are scored and selected. The TOSA is an annual agreement and can be renewed every year based upon the performance of the sub consultants.