Routine office cleaning is provided once a week. Classroom cleaning is provided daily.

Moves are scheduled ona weekly basis and need to be submitted at least 5 working days in advance of your move. All items to be moved must be clearly marked. Smaller items such as books and papers should be placed in boxes. Boxes are available through the Facilities Management warehouse. Call Service Response for information at ext. 5-4357

Leaving items in corridors is in violation of Building & Fire codes. Custodians do not dispose of items other than the trash. If you need items removed from your area, a move request should be submitted to Service Response at ext. 5-4357

Event planners may submit a service order request form to Service Response for the requested equipment at least 1 week prior to the event.

Contact Service Response at extension 5-4357 (5-HELP)

Contact Service Response at extension 5-4357 (5-HELP)


Classrooms are to be unlocked by custodians. Please call Service Response if you have trouble with classrooms being locked.

If you do not have a file cabinet key, you will need to have one authorized to you. You will need to have a key card completed and authorized. You will have to supply the lock number (imprinted on the lock) in order for Key Issue to cross reference the hook number. If you need immediate access, you will have to call University Police to open the cabinet since this is considered personal property.

Call Service Response to generate a work order for the locksmith to check the lock. To obtain a new key, take the parts of the key you have to Key Issue and the key will be replaced.

The key may be defective, i.e., a bad cut, worn or a burr on it. Take the key back to Key Issue and a new key will be issued.

The old key has to be returned. In order to obtain the new key, a new Key Issue card must be completed and authorized to receive a new key.

Rooms are often renovated creating two rooms or the department has requested the rooms be renumbered as suites. Sometimes the floor plans will not reflect the change before a key is requested. To accurately issue a key, supply the lock number inscribed on the door hardware (plate/knob) and Key Issue will cross reference to match with a key.

You received a bill because your department didn't authorize you to retain keys for the subsequent semester. An academic freeze was also placed against your academic record. In order to lift the freeze and release the fine, you must turn in your keys or have your department submit a memo to us authorizing you to retain the keys for the current semester.

  • Report loss to Key Issue who will initiate the proper paperwork for payment.
  • If deemed necessary, you will be instructed to report the loss to University Police and obtain a crime log number.
  • Take form to cashier's office who will in turn verify the payment on the form.
  • If you need replacement keys, a new Key Issue card must be submitted with appropriate signatures.
  • Bring the validated payment slip and new card to Key Issue.

Return the original keys that were reported lost. Key Issue will document accordingly and initiate the refund paperwork.

Prepare the Work Order form and attach a key. We will enter it into the system, cut another key to keep on file and give it a state key number. Your key plus the assigned number will be returned to you.

Unfortunately, it is against University policy to issue duplicate keys to one individual. Too many keys invites security and safety risks. If your assistant needs a key, they will have to follow the normal procedure and have a key issued in their name.

Have your department contact Academic Scheduling who will in turn place the request on their room opening schedule. University Police is responsible for buildings being opened on the weekends and holidays.