Apply to CSULB
University Mission: California State University Long Beach is a diverse, student-centered, globally-engaged public university committed to providing highly-valued undergraduate and graduate educational opportunities through superior teaching, research, creative activity and service for the people of California and the world. Explore Colleges and Departments.
Important Deadlines: Stay on top of important Enrollment Services deadlines--including application dates, tuition and fee reminders, when to register for classes, and more--by regularly visiting Key Dates and Deadlines.
We're glad you're here! Select a category below to start your application to CSULB and explore admissions resources. We look forward to welcoming you to The Beach!
All First-Time, First-Year applicants must meet the minimum CSU First-Time, First-Year (Freshmen) Admission Eligibility requirements to be considered for admission. Students may only be considered for one application per academic year.
First-Time, First-Year (Freshman) Applicant Resources:
- CSULB First-Time, First-Year Application Process
- Cal State Apply Freshman Resources
- Cal State Apply CSU Freshman Application Checklist (PDF)
All transfer applicants must meet both CSU Transfer Admission Eligibility requirements and Major-Specific Requirements to be considered for admission. Additionally, you must declare a major when submitting your application. Unfortunately, alternate majors are not being considered at this time.
Transfer Applicant Resources:
- CSULB Transfer Application Process
- Cal State Apply Transfer Student Resources
- Cal State Apply Associates Degree for Transfer (ADT)
- Cal State Apply CSU Transfer Student Application Checklist (PDF)
To qualify for admission to a master’s or doctoral program, all applicants must meet the CSU Graduate Admission Eligibility requirements for graduate standing as well as the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards required by the program.
Go to the "Applying to Graduate School" section via the CSULB Graduate Studies page for the latest graduate application requirements, deadlines, and more.
Graduate Applicant Resources:
- CSULB Graduate Programs Application Process
- Cal State Apply Graduate Application Resources
- Cal State Apply CSU Graduate Student Application Checklist (PDF)
To qualify for international admission to CSULB, all applicants must meet CSU International Admission Requirements. Requirements vary depending on program and level.
International Applicant Resources:
- CSULB Center for International Education Resources
- Cal State Apply International Application Resources
- Cal State Apply CSU International Student Application Checklist (PDF)
Prospective applicants who would like to pursue a post-baccalaureate credential in the College of Education must apply and be admitted both to the university and to a specific credential program. Visit College of Education Admission Requirements for more information.
Interested in a Credential or Certificate program? Go to the "Applying to Graduate School" section via the CSULB Graduate Studies page for the latest graduate application requirements, deadlines, and more.
Credential Applicant Resources:
- CSULB Teaching Credential Programs
- CSULB Other Credential Programs
- Cal State Apply Teaching Credential Application Resources
Certificate Programs and Second Bachelor's Degree Applicant Resources:
California State University, Long Beach is proud to offer a variety of special programs and pathways for First-Time, First-Year students who are eligible:
- University Honors Program
- Beach Pledge Program (California Promise)
- Beach Pathways
- Bob Murphy Access Center (BMAC)
- Older Adult Degree Program (60+)
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Athletic Programs
- Young Scholars Program
To learn more about these opportunities, visit the First-Time, First-Year Special Programs page.
Need help with submitting your application? Explore these help tools from Cal State Apply:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Applicant Help Center (with live chat feature)
- Email: CalStateApply@liaisoncas.com
- Phone: 857-304-2087
Note: Cal State Apply Application Support is available Monday – Friday, 6 AM – 5 PM PT.
Have you already applied and need application status updates?
Visit the Applicant Self-Service page for resources.
Looking for application deadlines and other important dates?
Explore the Key Dates and Deadlines page.
Not sure where to start?
Visit CSULB's Outreach and School Relations page for information and advising support for prospective students.