Lecturer Range Elevation
Range elevation is the advancement of an eligible lecturer or temporary faculty librarian from one salary range to the next following a campus review process resulting in a positive recommendation.
Range Elevation Eligibility
As stated in Section 12.17 of the CBA, in order to be eligible for Range Elevation, lecturers must "have no more eligibility for salary increases pursuant to provision 12.10 in their current range, and have served five (5) years in their current range." You need nothave been at the "SSI maximum" for five years; rather, you must have reached that "SSI maximum" (i.e., have exhausted SSI eligibility) and have been in the current range for five years. (As a reminder, the "SSI maximum" in any given range is not the same as the top step in that range.)
In addition, lecturers and temporary librarians who have not reached the SSI maximum salary but who have reached 12 or more years of full-time adjusted service (FTAS) prior to Fall 2017 shall be eligible to apply. For 2018-19 individuals with 9 or more years of FTAS prior to Fall 2017 shall be eligible to apply. For 2019-20 individuals with 6 or more years of FTAS prior to Fall 2017 shall be eligible to apply.
For 2020-21, individuals with 6 or more years of FTAS prior to Fall 2020 shall be eligible to apply.
Range Elevation Resources
- 2022-2023 Instructional Memo
- Notification of eligibility by Faculty Affairs to candidates and colleges: December 15, 2022
- Deadline for candidates to submit application to department review committee: March 8, 2023
- Deadline for deans to notify candidates of final decision: May 8, 2023
- Deadline to forward application packets and decision letters to Faculty Affairs: May 8, 2023
- Deadline for candidate to file an appeal with Faculty Affairs: May 15, 2023
- Policy Statement
Lecturer Evaluation and Range Elevation Workshops:
For Evaluators and Candidates:
If you believe that you are eligible for a Range Elevation and have not been notified, contact Ennette Morton at Ennette.Morton@csulb.edu.