California State University, Long Beach offers a wide variety of graduate degrees geared to both full-time and part-time students.
About 6,000 students are currently enrolled in graduate programs in more than 65 fields. We also offer the following doctoral programs:
- Ph.D. in Engineering & Industrial Applied Mathematics (offered jointly with The Claremont Graduate University.)
- Ed.D. in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) and
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) (offered jointly with Cal State Fullerton and Cal State Los Angeles)
The Assessment office helps departments and academic programs ensure students graduate with highly valued degrees by:
- Supporting the scholarship of learning on campus;
- Assisting individuals working on learning objectives at the course level;
- Providing feedback to departments and programs about methods for assessing student learning at the program level and ensuring alignment with GE and institutional-level outcomes as well as WSCUC Core Competencies;
- Working with departments and programs to develop viable assessment plans;
- Working with the offices of Student Assessment and Institutional Research to assist the university in its core commitment to assess student success;
- Providing information about assessment activities such as conferences, websites, and e-learning opportunities.
Information about how course credits at California community colleges, UCs and other CSUs can be applied at CSULB is available online through ASSIST, the official repository of articulation for California's colleges and universities. ASSIST provides the most accurate and up-to-date information available about student transfer in California.
The Curriculum team manages the University Catalog and Curriculum Handbook