- In-Person – please stop by the ID Card Services for in-person photos during business hours
- Online Portal – if you prefer to submit your own photo, please see the “Online Photo Submission” instructions below
- After your photo has been approved, you will receive an email from ID Card Services with information about pick-up requirements
- Please do not come to pick up your ID card until you have received this email
- Your ID card can only be picked up by the person on the card
- A government issued ID will be required at the time of pick up for verification
- You must be registered for at least one class for the current or upcoming semester to obtain your ID Card
SOAR Students – please be sure to check your email for full instructions
All Other ID Cards Needed
We are here to help. Please contact our ID Card Office at (562) 985-7388 or email us at IDCard@csulb.edu.
Online Photo Submissions
Submitting your online photo is easy. You will need to create an account to access our Online Portal.
- Create an account. (Be sure to save your username and password for future use — you will also use this account to monitor your card use and manage your BeachBucks.)
- Take a picture.
- Upload it under the "Profile" tab.
- Hit submit.
Since this photo will be on your official CSULB identification card we ask that you please stick to the following guidelines. Please note that our office has final approval in authorizing photo submissions. If your photo is not acceptable you will be notified and instructed to resumbit a photo that adheres to the submission guidelines.
- A current, in-focus color photo
- A white smooth background is required
- Centered, front view of full face
- Cropped from just above the top of the head down to the collarbone
- Eyes open and visible
- Straight face or smile
- Head coverings, only if worn for religious purposes
- Hats, sunglasses or anything that obscures the face
- No shadows
- No glare from glasses
- No red eyes
- No other visible people or objects in photo
- No props or hand gestures