In an effort to practice social distancing, our ID Card office has transitioned to an online photo submission process. All new students will be asked to submit a photo online using our Online Portal. Once you have attended your Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR), you will receive an email from our office with the details to get started.
Once the ID Cards for SOAR attendees have been created we will host a series of pick-up dates beginning in August. An email notification will be sent to all SOAR attendees once we have these dates scheduled.
Please note that photo submissions will be required in order for us to print your ID Card. It is important to submit your photo as soon as you attend SOAR in order to guarantee that your ID Card will be available before the start of the fall semester.
If you are a new student and you do not have a SOAR date scheduled, please contact our office at IDCard@csulb.edu.
All Other ID Cards Needed
We are here to help. Please contact our ID Card Office at (562) 985-7388 or email us at IDCard@csulb.edu.
Online Photo Submissions
Submitting your online photo is easy. You will need to create an account to access our Online Portal.
- Create an account. (Be sure to save your username and password for future use — you will also use this account to monitor your card use and manage your BeachBucks.)
- Take a picture.
- Upload it under the "Profile" tab.
- Hit submit.
Since this photo will be on your official CSULB identification card we ask that you please stick to the following guidelines. Please note that our office has final approval in authorizing photo submissions. If your photo is not acceptable you will be notified and instructed to resumbit a photo that adheres to the submission guidelines.
- A current, in-focus color photo
- A white smooth background is required
- Centered, front view of full face
- Cropped from just above the top of the head down to the collarbone
- Eyes open and visible
- Straight face or smile
- Head coverings, only if worn for religious purposes
- Hats, sunglasses or anything that obscures the face
- No shadows
- No glare from glasses
- No red eyes
- No other visible people or objects in photo
- No props or hand gestures