In an effort to practice social distancing, our ID Card office has transitioned to an online photo submission process. To begin the process, new students and incoming graduate students must submit a photo online using our Online Portal (see below for photo submission instructions). After your photo has been approved, you will receive an email from the ID Card office with information about pick-up requirements and times. Please do not come to pick up your ID Card until you have received those email instructions. Please note that you must be registered for at least one class for either the current or upcoming semester to obtain a student ID Card.
SOAR students: be sure to check your email for full instructions on this process.
Your ID card can only be picked-up by the person on the card. A government issued ID will be required at the time of pickup for verification.
For additional information, or if you have any questions, please contact our office at IDCard@csulb.edu.
All Other ID Cards Needed
We are here to help. Please contact our ID Card Office at (562) 985-7388 or email us at IDCard@csulb.edu.
Online Photo Submissions
Submitting your online photo is easy. You will need to create an account to access our Online Portal.
- Create an account. (Be sure to save your username and password for future use — you will also use this account to monitor your card use and manage your BeachBucks.)
- Take a picture.
- Upload it under the "Profile" tab.
- Hit submit.
Since this photo will be on your official CSULB identification card we ask that you please stick to the following guidelines. Please note that our office has final approval in authorizing photo submissions. If your photo is not acceptable you will be notified and instructed to resumbit a photo that adheres to the submission guidelines.
- A current, in-focus color photo
- A white smooth background is required
- Centered, front view of full face
- Cropped from just above the top of the head down to the collarbone
- Eyes open and visible
- Straight face or smile
- Head coverings, only if worn for religious purposes
- Hats, sunglasses or anything that obscures the face
- No shadows
- No glare from glasses
- No red eyes
- No other visible people or objects in photo
- No props or hand gestures