In Response to COVID-19, Honors Advising will be held online.
The University Honors Program offers students personalized advising that ensures students navigate the University curriculum successfully. Honors Academic Advisors will work in collaboration with students’ major advisors to guarantee that students stay on track and complete all of their degree objectives in a timely manner.
In addition to guiding students through their course requirements, Honors Academic Advisors are available to counsel students through graduate school applications, major/minor exploration, undergraduate research, etc.
- Students in the University Honors Program must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher in Honors and in all University courses. Honors courses must be taken for a letter grade in order to count towards a student’s Honors Course Requirements (see Tracks Available).
- Although students are encouraged to enroll in Honors courses every semester, students may wait (at most) two consecutive semesters to enroll in an Honors course. Students who fail to successfully complete an Honors course at least every two consecutive semesters risk removal from the University Honors Program.
- All first time Honors students are required to take one Honors course within the first academic year of their membership.
- Demonstrated lack of engagement in the Honors community as well as dishonest behavior/plagiarism are also grounds for dismissal from the University Honors Program.
Appointment Procedures & Guidelines
- To schedule an appointment with the academic advisor click on the link on the SSC - Advising and Tutoring icon on the right of the page.
- You can only schedule an appointment up to two weeks in advance.
- After an appointment is scheduled students will recieve an online Zoom link invitation.
- When you arrive for your scheduled appoitment you will need to check-in to the kiosk computer at reception with your CSULB ID card.
- Advising appointments are scheduled for 30 minute sessions, so it is recommended that you arrive 10 minutes early.
- Your appointment will be cancelled if you are 10 minutes late without notice— If you anticipate arriving late to your appointment, please call the Honors office at 562.985.1774.
- If you cannot keep an appointment, you must cancel the appointment at least 24 hours in advance; if unable to cancel via SSC, please email the Honors office directly at email@example.com.
- Please be courteous to other students by planning ahead (cancel or reschedule in a timely fashion). This will help open up time slots for other students.