The University Honors Program offers students personalized advising that ensures students navigate the University curriculum successfully. Honors Academic Advisors will work in collaboration with students’ major advisors to guarantee that students stay on track and complete all of their degree objectives in a timely manner.
In addition to guiding students through their course requirements, Honors Academic Advisors are available to counsel students through graduate school applications, major/minor exploration, undergraduate research, etc.
Appointment Procedures & Guidelines
- To schedule an appointment with the academic advisor, use the Beach Connect icon found on your Single Sign-On.
- After an online appointment is scheduled students will receive an online Zoom link invitation.
- If you cannot keep an appointment, you must cancel the appointment at least 24 hours in advance; if unable to cancel via SSC, please email the Honors office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be courteous to other students by planning ahead (cancel or reschedule in a timely fashion). This will help open up time slots for other students.
Fall 2023 General Advising Workshops
The UHP Advising Workshops are mandatory for all incoming student into Honors for Fall 2023. The workshop will cover Honors Program Requirements, Honors Courses and E-Portfolio/Badges. Please RSVP for one workshop: https://csulb.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9QPdXwNnI0wLC6O
UHP Advising Workshop Dates:
- 9/27 at 12 noon- In person- LIB 507
- 10/5 at 3:30 pm- Zoom
- 10/9 at 3:30 pm- In person - LIB 507
- 10/17 at 3:30 pm- Zoom