Travel & Accommodations
Long Beach, California
Long Beach is a waterfront playground located right in the heart of Southern California. Here you can experience it all: a deep-sea adventure at the Aquarium of the Pacific, whale watching on the water, exploring the city’s many unique districts, a global community with access to international food, and so much more.
Please Bring a Reusable Water Bottle
Our campus moved away from single-use plastics and we no longer offer plastic water bottles, plastic straws, plastic bags nor Styrofoam at CSULB.
- Hydration stations to refill water bottles are available throughout campus
- We will offer drinks from compostable and/or recyclable materials during the conference
- LGB- Long Beach Airport (15-20 minutes based on traffic; about 7 miles from Long Beach Hilton Hotel & 4 miles from CSULB)
- SNA- John Wayne Airport (Orange County) (35 minutes based on traffic; about 20 miles from Long Beach Hilton & 18 miles from CSULB)
- LAX- Los Angeles International Airport (40 minutes based on traffic; about 21 miles from Long Beach Hilton & 27 miles from CSULB)
Hilton Hotel- mostly double rooms at $209/night
- WRHC Conference Room Rate
- Please note: Hotel Parking is available for $27 per day
- Has Accessible Features throughout: https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/lgblhhf-hilton-long-beach/hotel-info/
- Map of CSULB Campus
- University Student Union (USU) is in the center of campus
- Parking Lots G1 and G3 are the closest to the USU. Parking is $15 per day and can be purchased touch-free via the Parkmobile App or from a nearby parking pay station. CSULB uses a completely paperless permitting system called License Plate Recognition (LPR). No plastic hangtags, stickers, or paper permits are issued or required. Your license plate will function as your parking permit. All pay stations are cashless, they accept credit cards and debit cards. If paying cash, please visit the Visitor Information Center (VIC). Please note that all pay stations on campus are paperless. If you require a receipt, please email us at ParkingGeneral@csulb.edu with your request and a receipt will be provided for you.
Long Beach is a city with temperate climate (60 to 70 degrees in March). You may need a light jacket in the morning and evening. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes throughout your visit.
For those observing Ramadan, please remain mindful of your hydration needs. We have asked our caterers to leave containers so you can pack your dinner and enjoy it when possible.
For those observing Good Friday, our Hawaiian Luau dinner menu includes shrimp skewers and vegetarian option that you may enjoy.
Long Beach is an urban city located in southern Los Angeles county. To ensure you have a safe and positive visit, please keep in mind the following:
- If you feel unsafe or need assistance, call the police, ask for help
- Avoid walking by yourself (especially at night)
- Avoid dark alleys, isolated spaces, empty parking lots
- Avoid leaving any valuables unattended
- Rideshare with others when possible
- Be aware of your surroundings and remain cautious as you explore the city