The Small Equipment and Computers Awards Program, funded through BUILD, provides BUILD faculty mentors the opportunity to acquire computers and/or small equipment (between $2,500-$10,000) that are justified based on direct benefit to BUILD student training. Awards up to $10,000 will support the purchase of lab computers and/or small equipment (equipment costing between $2,500 and $10,000).
Award Features and Requirements
- Awards will provide support for the purchase of equipment and/or computers.
- Awards cannot be combined as part of the purchase of large equipment.
- Awards cannot be used to purchase materials, training, warranties, travel, and software not required to use the equipment.
- BUILD student participation and training need to be clearly integrated into the research plan to use the equipment.
Restrictions and Limit on Number of Submissions
- This award is limited to faculty who are part of the BUILD mentor pool.
- Proposals that benefit multiple BUILD students may be given preference.
- An individual may be listed (PI or Co-Investigator) on only one proposal.
- Priority will be given to those PIs that have not received funding in the past.
- Budgets must follow the same rules/spending limitations as federal grants.
- Funds must be spent by May 30.
- Individuals with three previous awards (CRSG or RSG grant or equipment awards) are no longer eligible to apply.
The applications will be evaluated by the BUILD Internal Project Review Sub-Committee that includes broad representation across health-related research disciplines.
Download the application provided below and submit the completed application to BUILD.IDC@csulb.edu. Please submit Biographical Sketches for all key personnel, a Confidential Personal Data Form, and any other supporting documentation.