BUILD Small Equipment and Computers Awards Program
The Small Equipment and Computers Awards Program, funded through BUILD, provides BUILD faculty mentors the opportunity to acquire computers and/or small equipment (between $2,500-$10,000) justified based on direct benefit to BUILD student training. Awards up to $10,000 will support the purchase of lab computers and/or small equipment (equipment costing between $2,500 and $10,000).
Award Features and Requirements
- Awards will provide support for the purchase of equipment and/or computers.
- Awards cannot be combined as part of the purchase of large equipment.
- Awards cannot be used to purchase materials, training, warranties, travel, and software not required to use the equipment.
- BUILD student participation and training need to be clearly integrated into the research plan to use the equipment.
Restrictions and Limit on Number of Submissions
- This award is limited to faculty who are part of the BUILD mentor pool.
- Proposals that benefit multiple BUILD students may be given preference.
- An individual may be listed (PI or Co-Investigator) on only one proposal.
- Priority will be given to PIs that have not previously received funding.
- Budgets must follow the same rules/spending limitations as federal grants.
- Funds must be spent by December 1, 2023.
- Individuals who either received this award twice or a midsize and small equipment award in the past are no longer eligible to apply.
The BUILD Internal Project Review Sub-Committee will evaluate the applications, which includes broad representation across health-related research disciplines.
- Download the application provided below and submit the completed application to BUILD.IDC@csulb.edu.
- Please submit Biographical Sketches for all key personnel, a Confidential Personal Data Form, and any other supporting documentation.
Proposal Due Date: Monday, October 9, 2023, by 5 pm Pacific time
Email Questions to BUILD.IDC@csulb.edu.