You are here
Publications & Presentations
- Vu, K. P. L., Chun, C.A., Goosby, K. C., Cho, Y. H., Dillon, J. & Marayong, P. (in press). Preparing Undergraduate Students for Summer Research Experiences and Graduate School Applications in a Pandemic Environment: Development and Implementation of Online Modules. Human Computer Interactions International Conference Proceedings.
- Young, K. A., Finney, M. A., Marayong, P., & Vu, K. P. L. (in press). Advancing Inclusive Mentoring Through an Online Mentor Training Program and Coordinated Discussion Group. Human Computer Interactions International Conference Proceedings.
- Abeywardana, S. U., Velasco, S., Hall, N., Dillon, J., & Chun, C. A. (2020). Near-Peer Mentoring in an Undergraduate Research Training Program at a Large Master’s Comprehensive Institution. Understanding Interventions, 11(1): The Use and Impact of NIH-fueled Resources for Mentoring—Reports from the Field), 12477. Download Publication (PDF)
- Young, K. A., & Stormes, K. N. (2020). The BUILD Mentor Community at CSULB: A Mentor Training Program Designed to Enhance Mentoring Skills in Experienced Mentors. Understanding Interventions, 11(1: The Use and Impact of NIH-fueled Resources for Mentoring—Reports from the Field), 12482. Download Publication (PDF)
- Urizar, G. G., Henriques, L., Chun, C. A., Buonora, P., Vu, K. P. L., Galvez, G., & Kingsford, L. (2017, December). Advancing Research Opportunities and Promoting Pathways in Graduate Education: A Systemic Approach to BUILD Training at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB). BMC Proceedings 11(12), pp. 27-40. BioMed Central. Download Publication (PDF)
- Student Outcome: Stormes, K.N., Streicker, N.A., Bowers, G.K., Ayala, P., & Urizar, G.G. (under review). Impact of Undergraduate Research-Training Programs: An Illustrative Example of Finding a Comparison Group and Evaluating Academic and Graduate School Outcomes. – Under review stage.
- Student Outcome: Dillon, J., Vu, K., Rayyes, N., & Kingsford, L. (in preparation). Impact of Student Training Interventions on Increasing Diversity in the Biomedical Pipeline: A Case Study of the CSULB BUILD Program. – In data analysis stage.
- Research Curriculum: Buonora, P., Marayong, P., Rayyes, N., Taing, A., & Nguyen-Rodriguez, S. (in preparation). Impact of Student Training Interventions on Increasing Diversity in the Biomedical Pipeline: A Case Study of the CSULB BUILD Program. - In data analysis stage.
- Priede, A., Hanley, G., Chun, C.-A, & Vu, K. (TBD). Research Skills and the Growth Mindset: Implementing the Heroic Imagination Project to Build Student Capabilities. Poster accepted for presentation at the 2020 Annual Meeting of the Western Psychological Convention, San Francisco, CA.