Before you begin employment at CSULB, you might find it very helpful to review this site. We hope that you have already received your appointment letter or faculty contract. The documents outline the terms of your employment with the university.
If you are a new staff employee, your supervisor will first take you to Staff Human Resources prior to signing in with Payroll Services. The following steps will help walk you through the check-in process:
- Sign in at Payroll Services (Brotman Hall 353)
- Obtain a parking permit by signing up for Pre-Tax Parking Deductions (if eligible) at Payroll Services (Brotman Hall 353)*
- Obtain an Employee ID Card at ID Card Services (Bookstore)
- Establish an E-mail account by using BeachID Account Manager.
*You will receive a temporary parking permit immediately. Your actual permit will be mailed to your home address.
Shortly after you begin working at CSULB, you are encouraged to complete the following activities as well:
- Attend New Employee Orientation (Conducted by Staff Human Resources, for staff and Faculty Affairs for faculty)
- Attend the New Employee Safety Training (Conducted by Environmental, Health and Safety)
- If eligible, enroll in employee benefits (Contact Benefits Services)