New CSULB Employee - Check In
As a new employee, you MUST sign in at Payroll Services at Brotman Hall 353. Please walk in to complete this process during the hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. No appointments are needed.
If you are working 100% remotely, and reside more than 30 miles from campus, you may schedule a remote sign in appointment. Please note that if you use a remote appointment, you will need to visit our office in the near future. Therefore, we do not encourage remote appointments unless you are unable to come to campus. Schedule your remote appointment online.
All employees, please bring the following documents with you in order to check in:
- Appointment Letter and/or Contract from hiring department
- Printed copy of all your new hire paperwork after it is completed on DocuSign
- Original Social Security Card
- Any acceptable documents that fulfill I-9 requirements
- This check-in process is legally required and ensures you are paid in a timely manner. It is essential that you sign in with Payroll Services on or before your first day of work.
Our campus uses DocuSign to simplify completion of your new hire paperwork. Please click on the link below that corresponds to your position with the campus to open up your new hire paperwork. DocuSign will guide you through the completion and signature process for the paperwork. Once you have finished, please be sure print all of the forms and bring them to Brotman Hall 353 to finish the sign in process. If you do not have a printer, please download and save the completed forms to a USB drive and ask your department to assist you with printing them. Thank you!
If you do not have an original Social Security Card, you MUST request a duplicate card from the Social Security Administration which will be mailed to you within approximately 2 weeks.
For more information, please visit the Payroll Services website.