The 49er Shops hosts a year-round Outdoor Vendor Program on the campus of California State University, Long Beach. CSULB is a 322-acre campus that houses 80 permanent buildings with 63 academic departments and programs. The campus has a population of over 37,000 students with an additional 5,000 staff and faculty.
Situated at the heart of campus, the Outdoor Vendor Program is ideally placed directly in front of the University Bookstore and University Dining Plaza, and adjacent to the University Student Union. Located along one of the main campus thoroughfares, an estimated 10,000 students walk this main pathway daily.
Who are the 49er Shops?
The 49er Shops are a not-for-profit auxiliary department of California State University, Long Beach, and have been a partner to the CSULB campus since 1953. Our mission is to enhance and support the educational process of California State University, Long Beach, by providing the goods and services to promote a learned community. The 49er Shops' locations include the University Bookstore, University Dining Services, ID Card Services and Convenience Stores throughout campus.
The 49er Shops have been operating the Outdoor Vendor Program for the last 20 years. We are proud of the vendors we bring onto this campus and the variety of goods and services they bring to the CSULB community.
We have seven 20x20ft spaces available for merchandise vendors. Vendors can set up Monday through Thursday from 8am to 7pm and from 8am to 4pm on Friday.
Recent renovations to the vendor areas were completed in December 2014. These spaces now boast individualized and permanent awning structures with adjustable sides. Additionally, direct power and internet connections are available at each station.
How Can I Participate?
In order to participate in the 49er Shops Outdoor vendor program, vendors must:
- Fill out an application
- Submit a Certificate of Insurance with proof of current General Liability no less than $1,000,000 per occurrence, and $2,000,000 aggregate. The campus of California State University, Long Beach and 49er Shops will need to be named as additionally ensured.
- All vendors requesting to sell merchandise must submit a current California Seller's Permit.
- Pay the following daily rate fees (see below).
1) Regular Dates:
- 30ft x 20ft - $115/day or $500/week (M-F)
- 20ft x 20ft - $100/day or $425/week (M-F)
- 17ft x 17ft - $85/day or $400/week (M-F)
- 10ft x 10ft - $75/day or $325/week (M-F)
2) Rush Dates: (first 2 weeks Fall Semester)
- 30ft x 20ft - $200/day or $1,000/week (M-F)
- 20ft x 20ft - $200/day or $1,000/week (M-F)
- 17ft x 17ft - $200/day or $1,000/week (M-F)
- 10ft x 10ft - $150/day or $750/week (M-F)
3) Summer Dates:
- 20ft x 20ft - $60/day or $250/week (M-F)
- 17ft x 17ft - $40/day or $200/week (M-F)
- 10ft x 10ft - $40/day or $200/week (M-F)
*prices subject to change