Quality is Pride of Workmanship.
We rely on the strength and dedication of our employees to be successful. The proud determination towards student success and team atmosphere portrayed throughout the Forty-Niner Shops is what makes working here so magnetic. Please review data on this page as it pertains to information and opportunities for our fabulous current employees.
Please review the following information carefully, so you are aware of the COVID-19 Pre-Screen Process.
- Face Masks are highly recommended for employees. Masks will continue to be made available to employees, upon request.
- “Self-Check” attestation: Employees coming to work are attesting that they: have no COVID symptoms, have not been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID, are not waiting test results for COVID, and do not live with anyone who has tested positive for COVID. Employees who cannot attest, must submit a COVID Symptom Survey.
- All employees with COVID related symptoms (including allergies), must complete a COVID Symptom Survey, before they are cleared by HR to report to work.
- COVID Symptom Survey
- The COVID Symptom Survey must be completed by employees who: (1) call out sick with COVID-related symptoms, or who are (2) waiting for COVID test results, or who have (3) been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID.
- The COVID Symptom Survey can also be accessed through your Single Sign On (SSO) at sso.csulb.edu.
The below notices are for current and former employees of the 49er Shops.
2022 W-2 Distribution
Due to COVID-19, we will not distribute 2022 W-2 Forms in person. 2022 W-2s will be mailed by 01/31/2023, directly to the address that was on file in ADP at the end of 2022. To check the address your W-2 will be mailed to, please log on to ADP Workforce Now. A digital copy of your 2022 W-2 is also available now through ADP Workforce Now.
IRS Notice 797
You may be eligible for an Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Please view the following pages for more information:
Paychecks are distributed bi-weekly on Thursdays. For the complete list of dates, please refer to the
Paycheck Distribution - Covid-19
The safety of our employees is important to us. To promote social distancing, we are no longer distributing paychecks in person. Instead, there are two options for employees to receive their pay checks.
- Direct Deposit - We encourage everyone to sign up for direct deposit. This will ensure that your pay check is distributed directly to your bank account on pay day.
- U.S. Mail - Employees who do not sign up for direct deposit will receive a physical pay check via U.S. Mail. All physical checks will be sent directly to the address that is on file in ADP. Paychecks will be put in the mail on pay day, so please allow a few days for receipt.
To sign up for Direct Deposit, complete the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form (pdf) and submit it to Human Resources along with a voided check or an official statement from your bank with your name, routing, and account information, for verification purposes. Once you submit the information, it will take a full pay period to process this change, so you will receive a physical pay check via U.S mail until it is active.
For questions regarding this options or our social distancing efforts please contact our HR office at (562) 985-7953 or via email at FortyNinerShopsHR@csulb.edu.
- Visit sso.csulb.edu and use your campus credentials to login
- Click on the CSULB Parking tile to access your personal parking portal
Add a Permit
- At the top of the page, click on the “Permits” drop-down menu and click “Get Permits”.
- Read the information on the next page and click “Next”.
- Under “Employee Permits” select “Employee Permit Payroll Deduction – Non-Expiring” (this will enroll you in the payroll deduction plan).
- If you wish to pay for a permit monthly, you can select the “Employee Permit Monthly” for the appropriate month. You will have to re-purchase the permit for each month that you will be parking on campus.
- Check the box to confirm you have read and agree to the regulations and click “Next”.
- The following screen will confirm that your permit is active.
- Follow the next steps to add a vehicle to your account.
Add a Vehicle to your permit
- At the top of the page, click on the “More” drop-down menu and click “Vehicles”
- At the bottom of the page, click “Add Vehicle”
- On the next page, enter the information for your vehicle and click “Next” when finished
- Once you submit the information, click “Next” to add the vehicle to your permit
- You will receive confirmation that your vehicle has successfully been added to your current permit.
* To avoid receiving citations, please remember to visit the parking portal and update your vehicle information, if you change vehicles.
As one of the largest employers of students on campus, the Shops are committed to supporting student success by:
training student employees with life and career skills
providing flexible work schedules
providing internships; and
supporting programs that promote student success.
We applaud internal hires and want our student, part-time, and full time staff to grow and excel. For the most up-to-date internal positions, please contact the HR office directly. Search open positions.
Worker's Compensation Procedure Checklist for Managers (non-fillable, PDF)
Employee Accident Form (PDF)
Directions to MemorialCare Medical Group - Long Beach (Los Altos) (Web)
2110 N. Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90815
Directions to MemorialCare Medical Group - Huntington Beach (Adams) (Web)
9122 Adams Ave.
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
Vehicle Accident Report (PDF)
Customer Vendor Accident Report (non-fillable, PDF)