Undergraduate students should consult a UCUA advisor for:
- information about Major Specific Declaration Requirements and the major declaration process,
- assistance in identifying or exploring a new major,
- advice about degree progress or fulfilling university requirements
- clarification of academic standing and academic probation policy
- help in understanding academic disqualification and strategizing reinstatement to CSULB.
When to See Your College or Department Advisor
Students with questions about major requirements are encouraged to contact their college or departmental advisors. In MyCSULB, undergraduate students can quickly identify the advising resource best suited to assist them. After logging in to MyCSULB, a box can be found on the lower right-hand side of the Student Center labeled "Advisor." Click the details link to find advisor contact information.
Students should track degree progress by utilizing tools found in MyCSULB and regularly meet with academic advisors to ensure that they are making timely progress toward degree completion.