Preparing for Housing & Residential Life at CSULB
Moving into a new community is exciting and also can be a little nerve-racking. This page is to help your transition with living on campus go as smooth as possible. Make sure to check your CSULB email frequently so you don’t miss important emails. We frequently email updates to your CSULB email, such as information about your account, general housing updates and upcoming events.
MOVE IN DATES
Move in day is building specific. Students will have the opportunity & need to sign up through the housing portal for specific check in window. Check future emails regarding move in day.
Wednesday 8/17 - Thematic Community move in - 8:30am -2pm
|Building / Community|
|Hillside: I House|
|Hillside: Los Cerritos|
|Pacific 3rd Floor|
Thursday, 8/18 8:30am-4:30pm
|Hillside: A, D|
|Hillside: Los Alamitos|
|Parkside North: 1st, 2nd, 4th|
Friday, 8/19 - 8:30am-noon
|Parkside North: 3rd|
ABOUT YOUR ID CARD:
Housing and Residential Life will pick up all housing student ID cards to be issued to the student during check in. You must get your photo taken during SOAR or submit via the online portal for your campus ID cards. If you have a card currently, please bring with you during check in to swap out the old with the new card. ID cards are used for meal service and room access.
ROOM LAYOUT AND FURNITURE STYLE
Rooms come in many different layouts and furniture comes in many different styles depending on the village, building, and location of room. While room sizes may differ, most rooms are approximately 15' x 11'. Don't fret, you will be able view and choose a room layout during the room selection process.
Per Person Furniture:
- XL Twin bed + mattress (80"x34")
- Recycle bin
Utilities and novelties included:
- Internet -Wi-Fi or *wired
- LIVE TV (Streeme.tv)
- Electricity, gas, water
- Toilet paper
*Due to limited Wi-Fi signal, wired connection is available at International House.
WHAT TO PACK
Check out our packing list (PDF) for ideas. During this pandemic, for the safety of all residents, residents may be isolated for quarantine in a different room. Our Quarantine list (PDF) is there to help temporarily move a resident to quarantined room fast and safe as possible. Please review our Housing Covid-19 Response FAQ for more information.
BE MINDFUL ON HOW MUCH AND WHAT YOU BRING TO CAMPUS
- Room space allotment are shared between each resident.
- Be sure to write down serial numbers for all electronic devices that you bring to campus. Safes are available for rental through Collegiate Concepts, Inc.
- The University is not liable for damaged or missing items and strongly recommends renter's insurance.
- Sheet size= 80" x 34" Twin XL
- We provide live tv service through the streaming provider Streeme Tv. Software players can be downloaded from Google Play, Amazon Fire, Roku, and Apple. To view and setup supported devices visit Streeme TV support page.
- If brining a tv, we recommend the sizes of 24" - 32" but in reality its really between you and your roommate.