The Cancellation Policy for CSULB Housing Applications (if service fee and license has been submitted) reads as follows:
If you cancel for any reason, you will forfeit the $275 NON-REFUNDABLE service fee.
- If you cancel less than 30 days before the start date on your license (August 18, 2023 for 2023-2024 Academic Year applicants), there will be a pro-rated penalty of approximately $34 per day added to the $275 NON-REFUNDABLE fee.
- For example, if you cancel on July 23, 2024, which is 6 days after July 18, 2023 (or, 24 days before the contract begins), you will be charged approximately $204 ($34 x 6days), in addition to the $275 fee, making it a total of $479 as your cancellation fee.
If you have been CONFIRMED for housing and you cancel your application for any reason, you will forfeit the $275 NON-REFUNDABLE service fee.
The service fee is only refundable if you cancel your application while on the waitlist or if the waitlist is disbanded while you are on the waitlist.
CANCELLING AFTER MOVE-IN (start of license agreement)
After the start of your license agreement begins or you have moved in and have been approved to cancel your license agreement, a cancellation fee of $200 plus any additional housing charges will be applied to all cancellations regardless of why you cancel.
- Academic Year 2023-2024 License Agreement begins August 18, 2023
- Spring 2024 Only License Agreement begins January 22, 2024
STEPS TO CANCEL
If before Move in:
- Log in the Housing Portal.
- Select "Application".
- Click on "Cancel" found at top right on any of the various application pages.
- Complete cancellation online.
* Please note that refunds can take up to 60 days to process after we receive the completed form.
If after Move In:
- Go to Forms on Housing Website or Housing Portal
- Select “Release from License Agreement Form”
- Complete the form for submission.
- Housing will review and provide status within a timely matter.
Important information about Cancelling
YOU MUST cancel your license agreement online with the Housing office. Stop payment on checks or cancelling with university admissions does not cancel your housing agreement. (This includes denied admission; choosing not to attend CSULB, finding off campus housing, or etc.)