We believe our entire campus community plays a vital role in supporting CSULB students. The purpose of the CARES Team is to provide a centralized structure for the campus community in our support of students. We provide early intervention and crisis mitigation for students through collaboration with campus departments, faculty, and staff. Students who exhibit behaviors or disclose personal challenges in relation to their personal, physical, and emotional well-being should be referred to the CARES Team for connection to appropriate campus and community resources. Students exhibiting intimidating, disruptive, aggressive, or violent behaviors should also be referred to CARES, unless there is an immediate safety concern. In collaboration with students, the CARES Team will review all information available on the students’ behavior and background, to develop an individual action plan and provide on-going case management support. The team meets regularly and as need arises.
If there is an immediate safety concern, please contact UPD at 562.985.4101 or 911.
- To lead a collaborative effort to promote optimal health and safety of students and all members of the campus community;
- To develop strategies that best utilize campus and community resources to assist students;
- To be a resource for students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
FUNCTIONS OF THE CARES TEAM
- Gather Information
- Identify needs of those impacted
- Communicate with all parties involved
- Develop and implement plans for the student, including both immediate and ongoing strategies
- Provide and make referrals for advice, support, and assistance
- Address risks of harm to student and/or others involved with the student
- Review interventions and implementation through the case management process
Drop-In Office Hours with Staff (via Zoom)
Zoom Link - Meeting ID: 826 1028 5914
Wednesday: 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Thursday: 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Friday: 11:00am - 12:00pm