MS Financial Analytics Program Details
Master of Science in Financial Analytics is for students and professionals who want to advance and develop their knowledge of financial issues and meet the requirements for CFA certification.
Applicants to this program:
- Have earned a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and earned a 2.75 GPA or higher.
- Newly admitted students who do not have a major or minor in Finance are required to complete FIN 501 during the Summer session before formal admission in the Fall semester. Students need to successfully complete FIN 501 with a grade of B or better.
Affiliated University with CFA Institute; scholarships awarded to offset CFA exam fees
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute has recognized CSU as a University Affiliate, an elite classification certifying that our Master of Finance curriculum aligns with CFA standards.
- Small to medium class sizes (25-35)
- Dedicated program advisors that work with you through your program
- CFA Test preparation package integrated into the program
- Social networking events at CFA Society of Los Angeles and CFA Society of Orange County, as well as Toastmasters, alumni mixers, and more
Beach Investment Group - B.I.G.
The CSULB Beach Investment Group (B.I.G.)
- B.I.G. students manage three separate portfolios totaling more than $1,000,000.
- Team-oriented, presentation-intensive environment.
- CSULB B.I.G. alumni have gone on to work at prestigious investment firms, including Goldman Sachs, PIMCO, Wilshire Associates, Western Asset Management, and the Capital Group.
- Bloomberg Terminal: Students are encouraged to use the Bloomberg Terminals for their research and class-related activities. We offer the ability to become Bloomberg-certified at no additional cost.
- Students are expected to familiarize themselves with the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct (The Code and Standard) during their time in the MSF program.
- CSULB College of Business participates in Barron's in Education. Students get free access to Barron's, one of the nation’s premier financial resources.
- CFA Competitions: Students in the program could participate in the following competitions:
- Get to know faculty, fellow students, and alumni of the program
- Develop skills needed to hit the ground running in the program:
- Teams and team-based learning
- Harvard case discussion method
- Enhance Excel skills
Graduate Business Career Services
- Online Career Assessment with Career Leader software helps you clarify your goals.
- Customized 1-on-1 career coaching.
- Mock interviews to improve interviewing skills.
- Resume coaching and Resume Book, which exposes your resume to hundreds of potential employers.
- Mentorship program matches you with alumni from our business community.
- Company visits to introduce you to potential employers.
- To learn more, visit our Graduate Business Career Services
Fall Admittance. Please review Admission Information for General Application Requirements for the program