SMBA Program Details
The Hybrid Saturday MBA focuses on disruptive technology and sustainability, designed to prepare mid-career professionals to transform companies through innovation and advance their careers.
Applicants to this program must possess
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, AND
- 3 or more years of work experience
- Small to medium class sizes (25-35)
- Dedicated program advisors that work with you through your program
- Cohort-based program for 23 months
- Eight 10-week quarters for 48 units
- Social networking events such as alumni mixers, f2f and online webinars, coffee chats, alumni mentors, and more
- A required Study Abroad trip is included as part of the program. You continue to hone your global business skills around sustainability and disruptive technology, learning from companies around the world.
- Examples of previous locations include: Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Lisbon, Madrid, Milan, Rotterdam, Stockholm, Tallinn.
- Five in-person Saturday classes per quarter from 8:00am to 5:30pm (50% of curriculum), and
- Five (asynchronous) online classes per quarter (50% of curriculum)
- Implement skills that you learn in the classroom while addressing a significant business problem focused on disruptive technology and sustainability
- Expand your analytical, technical, and conceptual knowledge
- Gain skills in project management while collaborating with the client, determining the scope of the problem, and developing the deliverables
- Enhance your resume with the professional experience gained from the client projects
- Present your project results and deliver a written report to senior management
- Sample consulting projects: List of client projects (PDF)
- Intensive residential (orientation) sets the foundation for new students to prepare for the first day of class while getting to know their new cohort.
- Get to know faculty, staff, and alumni of the program
- Develop skills needed to hit the ground running in the program:
- Team building, team-based learning, and team collaboration
- Harvard case discussion method
- Excel workshop
- Soft Skills including presentations, verbal communication, leadership, and more
- Time management skills
Graduate Business Career Services
- Online Career Assessment with Career Leader software helps you clarify your career goals.
- Customized 1-on-1 career coaching.
- Mock interviews to improve interviewing skills.
- Resume coaching and the ‘Resume Book’ which includes sharing your resume with hundreds of potential employers.
- Mentorship program matches you with alumni from our business community.
- Company visits to introduce you to potential employers.
- To learn more, visit our Graduate Business Career Services
Fall Admittance. Please review Admission Information for General Application Requirements for the program