Accelerated Full Time MBA FAQ
Getting an MBA opens all sorts of doors including:
- joining a strong alumni network
- gaining confidence in your knowledge
- achieving the advanced skills needed to be a leader in business
- managing people effectively
MBA Graduates see better marketability, more job security, a network of peers to connect with and tap into, and last but not least, salary increases.
According to the Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC), the projected median starting base salary for recent MBA graduates in the United States is $116,000 for MBAs in 2019.
Work experience is not required, although we do prefer at least one year of work experience. We look for candidates who demonstrate leadership and academic potential.
If you do not have one year of work experience, you will be required to complete a summer internship halfway through the program. This is designed to make sure that all students have some work experience when they graduate.
The AMBA program is a fulltime program that meets during the day. We understand that some students may need to work but we discourage working over 20 hours a week. We have found that trying to work over 20 hours will interfere with your classes and your ability to contribute to team work.
The AMBA curriculum has a focus on entrepreneurship and innovation.
- 2-semester Career course that prepares you for your summer internship
- Summer Internship Program
- Graduate Mentorship Program *
- Resume book which includes students’ resumes that we send to employers
*The goal of the Graduate Career Mentor Program is to connect professionals and alumni with current College of Business graduate students to form a mentor-mentee relationship.