From left to right in the banner above:
Prof. Paul Weers, Bhandari Lab research student Stephanie Leal, Prof. Vasanthy Narayanaswami, Prof. Fangyuan Tian, and Prof. Jason Schwans.
Please join us in congratulating five members of our Department who have been honored by the University this year!
- Prof. Vasanthy Narayanaswami (center) has been named The Outstanding Professor at CSU Long Beach this year. This most prestigious University award recognizes Vas’s outstanding accomplishments in all areas over her career at CSULB.
- Prof. Paul Weers (left) received this year's Distinguished Faculty Advising Award.
- Prof. Fangyuan Tian (second from right) is the recipient of the 2020 Early Academic Career Excellence Award.
- Prof. Jason Schwans (right) was awarded the Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award this year.
- Biochemistry Major Stephanie Leal (second from left), a research student in the Bhandari Lab, won the 2020 Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher Award.
While we will not be able to congratulate them at the 2020 University Achievement Awards Ceremony, which was scheduled for April 15, our Department is honored to receive such recognition this year.