Take charge of your career development and demonstrate your skills to employers by earning a Career Management Digital Badge. By attending designated Career Development Center (CDC) workshops, webinars, counseling appointments, and employer-related events, you can earn a badge and build the skills needed to effectively manage your career journey. See below for more information about the process of earning and sharing a digital badge.
Digital Badges are a visual representation of an achievement or skill gained that contains metadata shareable across the web. The following video introduces digital badges and guides you through the steps required to earn and share the Career Management Digital Badge:
Digital Badge Benefits
The CDC offers a Career Management Badge that will help you:
- Identify and articulate skills, strengths, knowledge, and experiences relevant to your desired position and career goals
- Identify areas necessary for professional growth
- Navigate and explore job options, take the steps necessary to pursue opportunities, and self-advocate in the workplace
Earning a Badge
To earn a Career Management Badge, you will need to do the following:
- Attend a total of 3 workshops/webinars * or a combination of 2 workshops/webinars and 1 counseling appointment
- Attend 1 employer-related event (examples include, but are not limited to: job fair, information session, or an on-campus interview)
You can view upcoming workshops/webinars and employer-related events on the CDC Events page and find instructions for how to schedule a counseling appointment on the Career Counseling Appointments page.
Once all 4 requirements are completed, submit a digital badge request email to Jeanna Trammell that includes the following:
- Your name
- Student ID number
- Names and dates of events you attended, including workshop descriptions
* Please Note: Not all CDC workshops/webinars count toward the Career Management Badge. CareerLINK descriptions indicate whether or not an event can be used toward a badge.
View the resources below for more information on what digital badges are and how to use them.
- Humanities, Arts, Science, and Technology Alliance and Collaboratory (HASTAC): provides resource videos to explain digital badges
- eLearning Industry: offers an in-depth guide to the history and utilization of digital badges