Virtual Experience Projects
Looking for a way to gain hiring skills and add relevant experience to your resume? Virtual Experience Projects give you real-world experience and a chance to work with known companies on a short-term basis.
Forage is an online resource available through CareerLINK that offers virtual experience programs designed by leading companies. Develop your skills and gain a real understanding of different roles and industries by working through these self-paced modules, with tasks similar to what you would undertake during a traditional internship.
What Does it Involve?
You will work through a series of resources and hypothetical tasks that are designed to simulate the sort of work you would undertake as an intern or full-time employee at your chosen organization. It is a unique opportunity for you to try out a career at your own pace and in your own time, from the comfort of your home.
It takes five to six hours to complete one program, and you can complete as many programs as you like. All experiences are completely free of charge for students and alumni from California State University, Long Beach.
- Video instructions and real-life examples from employees within your chosen organization
- Work that reflects day-to-day tasks of interns and employees
- Curated resources to help you complete the tasks
What Are the Benefits?
- Sample what real life work at leading companies would be like
- Try out different types of work and discover which career path is right for you
- Build confidence and gain skills to get you ready for the workplace
- Boost your resume with a company-branded virtual experience program and get a personalized certificate for your LinkedIn profile
How Can I Take Part?
There are no lengthy application processes, as programs are free and accessible to all students and alumni. View instructions for accessing Forage on the CDC CareerLINK page.