Submitting a project request is easy. Please go to Request Services and follow the instructions to submit a service request. All design and construction related service requests will be routed to our department and you will be contacted shortly.
If you would like to discuss your project or proposal, please contact Design and Construction Services at (562) 985-4175.
We can help you by:
- Estimating Services
- Walking through a project to help determine the scope of work
- Walking through a project to determine potential code impacts due to a renovation
- Requesting a design and/or construction cost estimate for a project
- Requesting a project for design and construction with a defined scope and budget.
Design and Construction projects fall into two different categories: Major Capital and Minor Capital Projects:
What is Major Capital?
- Any Public Works Project that is over $752,000 in total project costs.
- These projects include major renovations, infrastructure upgrades, and new buildings.
- These projects can be completed by a competitive contractor bid method and delivered in various formats, such as Construction Manager at Risk and Collaborative Design-Build.
- Timelines for these projects are usually 12 months to 36 months depending upon the project and design/construction delivery method.
What is Minor Capital?
- Any Public Works project that is under $752,000 in total project costs.
- Projects that consist of facility modifications that include change in use, minor renovations, or system upgrades.
- These projects can be completed by our Facilities Project Services Group, an approved vendor, or utilizing our collaborative minor capital delivery method called Small Project Task Order Construction Agreement (TOCA)
- Timelines for these projects are usually 2 months to 12 months depending upon the project and design/construction delivery method.
For information on Project Delivery Methods, please see the following page: Project Delivery Methods