Having issues connecting to the Wi-Fi or want to find out what amenities offered to residents?
Residential Assistant of Technology (RA-Tech) are live-in student techs that specialized in the housing technology. RA-Techs will assist in connecting your device to the internet and other housing provided technological services such as tv service and smart device/ game console registration.
To request RA-Tech assistance, fill out your village's technical assistance form.
Once the request form has been filled out, a RA-Tech will contact you through email, phone or in person.
Technology Help Desk (THD)- the campus main technology helpdesk. They can assist with password resets, emails and other campus wide services.
Wi-Fi is available at CSULB including University Housing to all Students, Faculty, Staff and Guests.
There are 3 main Wi-Fi SSID.
- eduroam - (prefered method of connection for laptops, desktops with Wi-Fi adapters, tablets, and smartphones)
- beachnet+ - (Alternative method of connection for laptops, desktops with Wi-Fi adapters, tablets, and smartphones)
- beachnet-guest-access - (Usually this Wi-Fi is used for visitors. Housing residents use this Wi-Fi to connect their smart device, game console, and smart tv to the Wi-Fi. Residents will first need to register their device so their smart device/game console wouldn't need a password to connect to the Wi-Fi.)
More information can be found on the CSULB Wi-Fi knowledge base.
We offer 2 streaming services to all CSULB Housing Residents while on campus.
- Streeme - a live streaming television service.
- Swank - an on-demand movie and TV streaming service.
Note: To stream live tv with Streeme or on-demand media with Swank, you will need to first connect your device to the campus Wi-Fi such as eduroam, beachnet+ or beachnet-guest-access.
Streeme Log on Information:
Users would have received a welcome email containing their login credentials and setup instructions. If you are unable to locate this email, it may have ended up in your spam or junk folder - please check there, or you can request a new Streeme log on password using your CSULB student email. Your username will be your CSULB student email.
Once you get your log on information. You can stream from your computer, tablet or supported smart device while on the campus network.
Watch from a PC (https://live.streeme.tv). Also available on the Apple Store, Google Play, Roku and Fire TV
Supported Device / FAQ - redirect to Streeme support page
Swank log on information:
Swank motion pictures a streaming service available for residents. Access Swank on-demand streaming service.
M - Mute/Unmute
K - Play/Pause
F - Toggle Fullscreen
ESC - Close Settings
? (Shift + /) - Open This Help Window
When Focused On Player
Space - Play/Pause
Up - Volume Up
Down- Volume Down
Left - Seek Backwards 5 Seconds
Right - Seek Forward 5 Seconds
A - Rotate Through Audio Tracks
S - Rotate Through Subtitle Tracks
0-9 - Seek to Percent (e.g. 2 = 20%)
Home - Seek To Beginning
End - Seek To End
Tech Support FAQ
For issues with connecting your device to the internet we recommend contacting your village RA-Tech. RA-Techs are trained in assisting with common Residential Housing issues. RA-Tech assistance can be over email, on the phone, or in-person.
For passwords or campus wide application issues (Blackboard, Zoom, Email, Canvas, etc.), contact the Technology Help Desk.
If you are unsure, you can always contact your village RA-Tech
- Reset your campus email account or go to https://password.csulb.edu
- You can call the Technology Help desk at 562-985-4959
Your device or account could be locked out. If just one device is not working, contact the THD (562-985-4959) to unlock or check your device has been blacklisted or account needs to be unlocked.
The device registration input page is only available to residents while connected to the campus Wi-Fi. You will need to first connect your device to eduroam or beachnet+ to access the "Register Device Now" button on the webpage.
If you already connected your device without first registering your device, your device is holding some cache information. You will need to completely remove the information by forget the network and restarting your device. Some devices are in standby mode when you press the power button so we recommend you unplug your device from the power outlet, and leave it unplugged for 2 hours before trying it again. Every device is different, some devices might take 24 hours before the correct connection is established.
Some games use P2P(Peer-to-Peer) for voice chat. In compliance of the campus network standard, P2P protocols are blocked. Housing & Residential Life does not have the ability and authority to open ports or change any NAT configurations.
Check the following:
- Have the latest windows or mac build. For example Windows 11 has multiple revisions. As of 8-25-2022 the current version is Version 21H2.
- Get the latest windows or mac update. For windows, Go to Windows Update and check for updates. Also go to advance=>optional updates to get the latest drivers.
- Get the latest manufacturer's drivers and firmware for the pc and/or add on Wi-Fi card drivers from the manufacturer website.
- Metal and brick wall will lower Wi-Fi signal strength. If possible try to face the Wi-Fi adapter or antenna towards the Access Point. A Wi-Fi antenna that is stronger and has an extension will preform and has much better signal than much better than an antenna behind a desktop.