Guardian Scholars Program Benefits & Services
- Academic Advising
- Counseling and Support
- Computer Lab
- Educational and Community Enrichment Activities
- EOP Grant Award (if available)
- Financial Advising & Support
- Guardian Scholars Summer Experience (first-time freshmen/transfer & continuing students)
- Life Skills / Life Coaching Workshops
- On-Campus Housing Assistance
- Priority Registration
- Short-Term Laptop Loan (2-week loan time)
- Summer Bridge Program (first-time freshmen only)
- Tutoring Services
CSULB On-Campus Student Support Services & Resources
- Associated Students Incorporated
- Basic Needs
- Beach CalFresh Program
- Beach Wellness
- Bob Murphy Access Center
- BUILD Student Training
- Campus Police
- Career Development Center
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- College Corps
- CSULB Graduate Center
- CSULB Tutoring Centers
- Financial Aid
- Grade Appeals
- Leadership Academy
- McNairs Program
- Project Ocean
- Project Rebound
- Student Health Center
- Student Health Center- Pharmacy
- Student Recreation and Wellness Center
- Ukleja Center for Ethical Leadership
- Alliance for Children's Rights
- California College Pathways
- DCFS Lakewood Office
- LA Opportunity Youth Collaborative
- United Friends of the Children
Off-Campus Community Resources
A Sense of Home
A Sense of Home strives to prevent homelessness by creating first-ever homes for youth aging out of foster care with donated furniture and home goods.
Alliance For Children's Rights
Alliance for Children’s Right mission is to protect the rights of children and those overcoming domestic violent relationships and neglect, who need support with record expungement, provide a court foster care advocacy, and other legal services and supportive programs.
The goal of Meal Nation is to ensure each foster youth student gets to eat at least one meal a day during this unprecedented crisis.
iFoster’s mission is to ensure that every child growing up outside of their biological home has the resources and opportunities they need to become successful, independent adults. We provide a free platform of resources for foster care youth, caregivers, and organizations.
One Simple Wish
A non-profit that is raising awareness about foster care and connecting caring people to current and former foster youth. Wishers of foster youth are granted in the form of gifts.
Ready To Succeed
RTS empowers foster and first-generation college students to graduate college, launch successful careers, and reach their full potential.
Scholars join RTS during their sophomore, junior or senior year and remain in the program throughout their first year of full-time employment. Each scholar receives personalized career and personal development coaching, access to an extensive professional network, paid internship experiences, and annual scholarship funding to cover basic needs.