Due: the first day of finals week.
This assignment is designed for students who were unable to attend a scheduled workshop meeting during the semester. Successful completion of this assignment will make-up for one (and only one) absence.
Effective teaching requires continuous improvement. Fortunately, a great number of resources are available to assist us in our efforts to improve as teaching professionals. Several internet-based science and math teaching resources geared to post-secondary teaching are linked to our TA website. For this assignment select and review two of these resources.
Details of the Assignment
Peruse through our collected resources on this TA website. Find any two sites that interest you and review them using the following questions as your guide:
- Why is this site of interest to you?
- What is the main purpose of this site; what kind of information does it have to offer?
- What have you found on this site that is interesting and important for your future teaching?
Format and Submission Guidelines
Write a short critique of each site. Please make sure your critiques include the following elements:
- Website title and url (address) – especially important if you are discussing a part of the website that is many clicks away from the homepage. You needn't discuss the whole site, select a part of the site that interests you.
- Major Theme/Topic of the selected part of the website
- Discussion of how at least one of the ideas offered at the site might influence your future teaching – offer as much detail as possible.
Submit your completed assignment via email to the workshop instructor, subject: "TA Workshop."