CNSM TA Professional Development
The Science Education Department offers teaching associates in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics a series of workshops for professional development. The goals of these workshops are to:
- Introduce you to some current research in learning and teaching.
- Show you how to apply this research to classroom instruction.
- Connect you with sources of help and support.
- Provide you with opportunities to self-reflect and critique your own teaching.
- Help you develop the skills necessary for a successful experience as a teaching associate in your department.
Dr. Bill Straits
Fall 2023 Schedule
Workshop meetings 1-4 are required. For meetings 2-4, there is a choice between a Tuesday and a Friday.
All meetings will take place on campus in HSCI-281.
|Meeting #||Day and Time||Room|
|1||Friday, August 25 - 1:00pm-4:00pm||HSCI-281|
|2||Tuesday, September 12 - 6:45pm-8:15pm
Friday, September 15 - 11:00am-12:30pm
|3||Tuesday, October 10 - 6:45pm-8:15pm
Friday, October 13 - 11:00am-12:30pm
|4||Tuesday, November 14 - 6:45pm-8:15pm
Friday, November 17 - 11:00am-12:30pm