The following Physics and Astronomy scholarships are applied to through the BeachScholarships system. Deadline to apply is March 7, 2021 (extended). Please see individual scholarships for eligibility criteria.
- Irene Howard and Keung Luke Endowed Scholarship
- John E. Fredrickson Endowed Scholarship
- Keung Luke, Charles Roberts and Richard Whiteley Endowed Scholarship
- Kevin Kwok Chan, HK Alumni, Keung Luke Endowed Scholarship
- The John and Terry Milligan Scholarship in Physics
- The Richard and Florence Scalettar Scholarship
The department has several opportunities to do paid research (assistantship) with a faculty member of the department during summer months. These assistantships are typically supporting students for 20-40 hours/week for about 8 weeks during the summer break. Currently, the following assistantships are available:
- Margaret Heeb Summer Research Assistantship in Honor of Wilma Jordan
- Google Summer Research Assistantships
- Department of Physics and Astronomy Summer Research Assistantships
The department chair sends a request for research proposals to all students of the department end of the Fall semester and applications are typically due mid March. Please contact the department for any questions about these assistantships.
The Graduate Studies Resource Center maintains a list of on-campus funding opportunities. Most of the opportunities are aimed at graduate students, but a few are also available to undergraduate students.