The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application will be different for the upcoming 2024–2025 aid year and not available to students until December 2023. Refer to this page as a resource to help you prepare! Learn more about the FAFSA Simplification Act.
When will the 2024-2025 FAFSA be available?
- The 2024-2025 FAFSA will be available by December 31, 2023.
- The 2024-2025 California Dream Act Application (CADAA) will by available by December 31, 2023.
- The priority submission deadline for the 2024-2025 FAFSA and CADAA is April 2, 2024.
What will be different on the 2024-2025 FAFSA?
- There may be less questions to complete on the 2024-2025 FAFSA and a simpler process for transferring tax information directly from the IRS.
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC) will be replaced with the Student Aid Index (SAI). This is a new need analysis formula that will be used when evaluating need-based grants and scholarships.
- More information will be shared as it becomes available.
How can students prepare?
- Students and parents/guardians will not be able to access the 2024-2025 FAFSA form without an FSA ID. Be sure to create your FSA ID if you haven't already.
- If you do not have a Social Security number, find support via the U.S. Department of Education.
- Students interested in learning more about the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) may connect with CSULB's Dream Success Center for additional support.
- Continue to check this website for the latest updates regarding the 2024-2025 FAFSA and CADAA processes.
This page will continue to be updated as resources and information become available. (Last Updated 11/15/2023).