How to Apply for Aid - Graduate Students

 Which application do I file?

Comparison of FAFSA and DREAM Applications
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)California Dream Act Application
  • You (the student) have a valid Social Security Number
  • You (the student) are a U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; or eligible non-citizen
  • You (the student) do not meet criteria to file a FAFSA
  • You (the student) meet the conditions of California AB540 status
Submit a FAFSA
CSULB School Code 001139
Submit a California Dream Act application (CADAA)
Eligible to receive funding from federal, state, and institutional aid programsEligible to receive funding from CA State and CA institutional aid programs

For the 2024-2025 academic year, submit your financial aid application by May 2, 2024. Be sure to file before the priority filing deadline (May 2) in order to be considered for the maximum types of aid. Applications submitted after May 2 will not be eligible for CA State or CSULB Institutional Grants.

Your financial aid application is used to determine your eligibility for all types of aid, and some scholarship providers may use your application information to determine whether you qualify for their awards. You must reapply for financial aid (including loans, grants, and Federal Work-Study) each year.

Frequently Asked Questions

Both the Ed.D. and the DPT programs begin enrollment with the Summer term, which is considered to be part of the prior academic year. Financial aid for your Summer term is available, but may require completion of a separate process – including completing a separate financial aid application for the prior academic year, if one is not already on file at CSULB.

Review the Information Guide for your program, which details the process, and required FAFSA Applications, for students applying to the Ed.D. or DPT Programs.