Cross Enrollment

If you are unable to register for the classes you need at CSULB, you may find them at a community college and have the units count toward your financial aid eligibility at CSULB.

For cross-enrollment classes to be eligible for at least some financial aid programs at CSULB:

  • You must be enrolled at least half time (6 units as an undergraduate) through regular CSULB enrollment
  • You have not transferred the maximum of 70 units from a community college
  • The course(s) you take must be transferable towards your CSULB degree
  • You must be making satisfactory academic progress towards your degree at CSULB
  • You submitted a Cross Enrollment Agreement to Enrollment Services, and it was approved
  • You submitted a Request for Evaluation of Coursework from Another Institution to Enrollment Services, and it was approved
  • You received a notification from CSULB Financial Aid that your financial aid awards will be adjusted based on your approved Cross Enrollment coursework

Aid programs that may be impacted by Cross Enrollment

Many financial aid programs require a minimum of half-time enrollment (6 units) for undergraduates to be eligible to receive funding.  There are a few programs, however, where the amount you receive is pro-rated based on your actual enrollment (and which would be impacted by Cross Enrollment):

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Cal Grant Fees Award
  • Cal Grant Stipend