Recruitment Number: 2618
Position: Distinguished Faculty in Residence (Full-Time Lecturer), Education Leadership (3-AcademicYear - 2020-21 thru 2022-23)
Effective Date: August 17, 2020 (Fall Semester)
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Educational Leadership, Educational Administration, or related education field (e.g., curriculum and instruction).
- Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2020.
- Successful P-12 leadership/administrative experience in diverse urban settings.
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
- An earned administrative credential (or equivalent) authorizing candidate to hold administrative positions in P-12 schools.
- An excellent record of teaching or demonstrated potential for teaching excellence at the graduate level appropriate to the assignment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially and communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse educational community.
- Possession of a Clear California Administrative Credential.
- Experience as a superintendent, principal, or central-level school district administrator.
- Credentialed experience teaching in urban P-12 schools.
- Evidence of ability to integrate technology into learning activities.
- Experience teaching in a graduate program for working professionals.
- Experience directing/coordinating academic programs.
- Experience serving on doctoral student dissertations and/or Master’s theses.
- Participation in professional associations or networks related to area(s) of expertise.
- Familiarity with the California Administrative Credential and the California Administrative Performance Assessment (CalAPA).
- Teach, supervise, and advise graduate students both on and off-campus in the department’s Educational Administration master’s and EDD programs. Required mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof.
- Lead recruitment efforts for the P-12 specialization area of the department’s EDD program.
- Represent the Educational Administration and EDD programs in the professional community at the local, state, and national levels through participation in professional organizations and at relevant professional events.
- Oversight of the Educational Administration Master’s/Credential and recruitment duties for the program, as needed.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings in the department as well as college meetings.
- Engage in service at the program, department, college, and university levels appropriate to the faculty rank.
- Chair doctoral dissertations and serve on dissertation committees.
- Collaborate with members of the university/community to advance EDLD academic programs.
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- Letter of application addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications and indicating area(s) of specialization.
- Curriculum vitae or resume including a current phone number and e-mail address.
- An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement
- Three current letters of recommendation independently provided by references (at least one of which must be from outside CSULB).
- Evidence of successful university teaching experience, preferably at the graduate level (may also include all other student evaluations of teaching at various levels).
- Copy of transcript from the institution awarding the highest degree.
- Copy of administrative credential or equivalent.
- Copy of teaching credential(s), if applicable.
- Finalists will also be required to submit the following:
1. A signed SC-1 form and
2. An official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
Email questions regarding the position to Don Haviland, Department Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email questions regarding the application process and all application materials to Charline Carabes, Department Coordinator: Charline.Carabes@csulb.edu
Review of applications begins May 8, 2020.
Position open until filled (or recruitment cancelled).
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.