Transportation modes such as skateboards, roller skates, rollerblades, scooters, and other coasting devices are allowed on campus as a way of reducing the reliance on fossil fuel-powered vehicles and promoting exercise.
Coasting Devices Policy Overview
- Coasting devices are allowed only in designated areas on campus. Coasting devices are prohibited in areas including pedestrian zones, inside of campus buildings or covered areas.
- Our policy covers roller skates, rollerblades, scooters, skateboards, and other coasting devices. Bicycles are excluded as bicycle rules follow the standard rules of the road when on our campus.
- Riders of coasting devices must adhere to basic rules, such as yielding to pedestrians and limiting speed to 5 mph, regardless of location.
- Coasting devices are prohibited on roadways and in parking lots.
- No stunts or tricks are allowed, and riding coasting devices down the steep hills on campus (i.e. East Campus Dr. & West Campus Dr.) is prohibited.
Reference the full Campus Skateboard Policy for details.
Please review the Campus Wheel Path & Bike Racks Map [PDF] to see all the wheel paths available on campus.