Responsible use of alternative transportation methods including skateboards, roller skates, rollerblades, scooters, and other coasting devices is allowed on campus as a way of reducing reliance on motorized transportation and promoting exercise.
Coasting Devices Policy Overview
- Coasting devices are allowed in designated areas on campus. Coasting devices are prohibited areas pedestrian areas, inside campus buildings, or covered areas.
- Our policy covers roller skates, rollerblades, scooters, skateboards, and other coasting devices. Bicycles are excluded as bicycle rules follow the standard rules of the road on campus.
- Riders of coasting devices must adhere to basic rules, such as yielding to pedestrians and limiting speed to less than 5 mph, regardless of location.
- Coasting devices are prohibited on roadways and in parking lots.
- No stunts or tricks are allowed, and riding coasting devices down hills (such as East or West Campus Drive) is prohibited.
Reference the full Campus Skateboard Policy for details.
Please review the Campus Wheel Path & Bike Racks Map [PDF] for approved wheel paths on campus.