Did you know carpooling is the 2nd largest commuting mode in the U.S.? It is! Carpool members and riders enjoy the following benefits:
- Reduced costs (share the costs of gas & permit fees)
- Avoid traffic by using HOV lanes on local freeways leading to campus
- Reduce your carbon emissions by 50% (increased reduction with more riders)
- Share the duties of who drives and who relaxes
- Better conversation and a less lonely commute overall
- Qualifies for Guaranteed Ride Home if your or your carpool partner has an emergency
We encourage carpooling as another sustainable travel option and to reach our overall campus climate goals. Check out the Climate Action Plan (PDF) for more information about the campus goal of carbon neutrality by 2040.