Part-Time Lecturer: Biomedical Engineering
Salary Range:Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Master of Science Degree in Biomedical Engineering or a closely related field, to teach undergraduate courses; and a Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering to teach graduate courses
- Demonstrated potential for teaching excellence
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering or closely related field
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of course(s) to be taught
- Evidence of effective prior teaching experience
Teach undergraduate courses and graduate courses in any sub-areas of Biomedical Engineering including, but not limited to:
- Biomedical Signal Processing, Biomedical Imaging, Biomechanics, Bioinformatics and Genomics, Computational Neuroscience/Medicine, Tissue Engineering, Biomaterials, Bioinstrumentation, Bioelectronics, Neural Engineering, Cardiovascular Engineering, Genetic Engineering, Biofluids
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
- Letter of application addressing the Minimum and Desired/Preferred Qualifications
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae including current email address
- Three current letters of recommendation
- A copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
- Applicants offered employment will be required to submit a signed SC-1 form and official transcript
Applications, required documentation and/or requests for more information should be addressed to:
Dr. Shadnaz Asgari, Chair
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Biomedical Engineering
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-8306
Application Deadline: Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
- A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.