Part-Time Lecturer: Aerospace Engineering
Effective Date: Ongoing
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering or a closely related discipline (by date of appointment).
- Demonstrated potential for effective teaching at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
- Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering. Evidence of effective teaching at the college level.
Teach courses in Aerospace Engineering as follows:
- Aerospace Dystem Design I and II (Capstone) – Aircraft and Spacecraft
- Stability and Control of Aerospace Vehicles
- Spacecraft Systems
- Space Flight and Orbital Mechanics
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer out students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
- Letter of application addressing the Minimum and Desired/Preferred Qualifications, including teaching interests.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae including current email address.
- Three current letters of recommendation.
- A copy of the official transcript from institution awarding highest degree.
- Applicants offered employment will be required to submit a signed SC-1 form and official transcript.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Jalal Torabzadeh, Chair
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
California State University Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90840-8305
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veterans’ status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.