Lecturer Position: Computer Engineering and Computer Science
Recruitment No.: 1026
Effective Date: Ongoing
Annual Salary Range for Full Load: $57,600 to $73,200 (commensurate with experience and highest degree).
- In-Person position: Requires commuting to the campus of CSULB in Long Beach, CA
- US Permanent Residency or Citizenship by the time of employment
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of course(s) to be taught
- Demonstrated potential for effective teaching
- Commitment to and/or expertise in educating a diverse student population
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field
- Evidence of effective teaching experience
Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses in the areas of Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Applicants with expertise in all areas of Computer Science or Computer Engineering are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in the following areas:
- Software Engineering
- Computer/ Network Security
- Machine Learning/ AI
- Computer Science Theory
The Department of Computer Engineering and Computer Science at California State University, Long Beach welcomes and encourages diversity. We seek applicants and nominations from those who have experience in teaching, mentoring, and developing research in ways that effectively address individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds.
- Letter of application with applicant’s teaching interests
- Curriculum Vitae, including current contact information
- Copy of transcripts from the institution awarding the highest degree
- Letters of recommendations from three references to be emailed directly to the Department Chair
- Signed SC-1 form and original transcripts will be requested from all finalists
Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Mehrdad Aliasgari, Chair
Department of Computer Engineering and Computer Science
California State University Long Beach;
1250 Bellflower Boulevard,
Long Beach, CA 90840-8302
Position open until filled (or recruitment canceled)
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The system-wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/11030468/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.