Recruitment No: 2543
Term: 3-Academic Years –2019-20 thru 2021-22 (renewable)
Effective Date: Ongoing
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or Construction Management, and M.S. in Civil Engineering or closely related field.
- Extensive industrial experience as a Project Executive or higher position in multicultural and diverse environment related to Heavy Civil Construction.
- Demonstrated potential to teach at college level appropriate to teaching assignment.
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with diverse student population.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or closely related field in addition to B.S. and M.S. degrees;
- Track records in forming effective partnerships with private, municipal and governmental entities;
- Effective teaching experience in undergraduate level courses;
- Ability to promote faculty involvement in the areas of heavy civil.
- Teach undergraduate courses in heavy civil, civil engineering, and construction management
- Develop new courses in collaboration with faculty to fulfill departmental and industry needs including sustainable construction of infrastructure into the curriculum;
- Lead and develop laboratories in heavy civil engineering and construction;
- Mentor and advise students;
- Develop and build partnerships with public and private entities.
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, and to the community;
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located at http://www.calstate.edu/hr/benefits/documents/cfa-unit-3-benefits-summary.pdf
- Letter of application addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications
- CV (including current email address)
- Names and contact information for three references
- Copy of transcripts from institution(s) (B.S. and M.S. degrees)
- Finalists will also be required to submit a signed SC-1 form, official transcripts, and three recommendation letters
Applications and required documentation shall be submitted through Academic Jobs Online at: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/12908
Requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Antonella Sciortino, Department Chair
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering Management
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-5101
562.985.8010 or email@example.com
Position open until filled (or recruitment canceled)
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position open until filled (or recruitment canceled)