Academic Technology Services (ATS) for Summer Faculty Development
Offering information for opportunities developed and delivered by CSULB Academic Technology Services (ATS).
- Online Learning Studio Syllabus (PDF) - (20 hours)
- Asynchronous/Companion Webinars/Self-paced, 15-20 hours
- View the ATS Online Learning Studio website for additional details
Includes instructor choice of 4 optional course templates (ATS BeachBoard Course Template Request Form).
- M1: Intro to Online Teaching
- M2: Course Design
- M3: Accessibility
- M4: Designing Your Course
- M5: Syllabus and Course Homepage
- M6: Assessments and Activities
- M7: Choosing Technology for Your Course
By the end of these self-pace online modules, participants agree to complete the following deliverables:
- Self & Peer Review: Alternative Modes of Instruction Rubric Checklist (Continuous Improvement)
- Course Alignment Blueprint Document with Learning Outcomes (2-3 weeks)
- BeachBoard Course Blueprint/Template (2-3 weeks)
Special Note: ATS is offering QA based course templates is the best risk mitigation tool to offer the faculty who are trying to rapidly scale up course development to instruct their students in alternative modes of instruction. These templates (ATS BeachBoard Course Template Request Form) are based on learning science and are evidence-based through the Quality Matters rubric. Instructions, tips and techniques are embedded into the framework on the ATS website. For summer 2020, this includes summer office hour support 10:00am-3:00pm for faculty.
View the ATS Online Learning Studio website for additional details as well as the ATS Events & Workshops page.