Alternative Modes of Instruction
There's a lot to keep in mind when transitioning to alternative modes of instruction (AMIs).
The strategies developed on the Academic Continuity website outlines the different considerations necessary for effectively reaching your student audience, such as preparing your syllabus in advance, prioritizing communications with your class, and selecting the proper technical tools that work for you and your students.
This dedicated sub-site for AMIs focuses on providing guides, resources and development opportunities for instructors at CSULB.
- Communcations - Manage Your Email, Announcements and Voicemail Remotely
- Content Development - Creating Online Presentations and Digital Materials
- Helpful Things to Keep in Mind While Using Alternative Modes of Instruction
- Delivering Online Assessments - Creating and Proctoring Quizzes and Exams
Additional resources are available for your support, including:
- The CSU Institute for Teaching and Learning and the CSU Faculty Development Council's Teaching Remotely - Quick Reference (PDF)
- ATS Keep Teaching Sub-site with information on online practices, BeachBoard usage and Zoom techniques
- The CSU's Affordable Learning Solutions (AL$) Site dedicated to provide low and no-cost solutions for students