Individualized assistance is available for many difficult courses every semester. If you want to maximize your potential in a difficult class, tutoring is for you!
Our expert students can help you achieve your goals. Tutoring begins the third week of classes, so after the 3rd week of classes make an appointment or come in for Drop-in tutoring.
For more information about our policies view our Tutoring Contract.
Tutoring Appointments are currently available via Zoom.
The program will continue to hold appointments virtually for the foreseeable future.
If you would like to book an appointment please schedule via SSC (directions below).
Your tutor will email you a link inviting you to their Zoom session at the start of your meeting day and time.
- Appointments are limited to 1 hour per course per week.
- If you do not see your course while scheduling an individual appointment, you may submit a "Individual Tutoring Appointment Request Form" (available on this webpage) and the Tutoring Coordinator will see if there is a tutor available and schedule your appointment for you.
- Appointments not cancelled within 4 hours of their start time will be marked as a "No Show."
- All fees for individual appointments have been dropped for the remainder of Spring 2020.
- Drop-In tutoring operating hours are Mon-Thurs, 12pm-4pm (see schedules) - please submit request by 3:30pm to ensure it is processed!!
- Please fill out the appropriate Qualtrics survey if you would like to request Drop-In, or 1-on-1 tutoring
- Please allow at least 24 business hours, and up to 72 business hours, for 1-on-1 appointment requests to be processed
- Carefully go over our Tutoring Guideline document(s), and Zoom resource links, to ensure you understand our virtual tutoring process and procedures:
1-on-1 Tutoring Guidelines
Drop-in Tutoring Guidlines
Zoom Support Resources
Join a Meeting: https://www.youtube.com/embed/vFhAEoCF7jg?rel=0&autoplay=1&cc_load_policy=1
Joining and configuring Audio and Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=HqncX7RE0wM
Breakout Rooms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_O7rDILNCM
Sharing Screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wsWpnqE6Hw
Drop-In Tutoring Request Form
Individual Tutoring Appointment Request Form
In order for you to get help during that times that work with your schedule, tutors are available specific hours each week. Tutoring is available for a few minutes or for the tutor's entire block! This flexible option is great if you want to have some built-in study time with our friendly peer tutors.
Drop-in tutoring hours vary by subject, so check the schedules below for the most accurate information. To learn more, email TLC-Tutoring@csulb.edu for tutoring specific questions or TLCfirstname.lastname@example.org for general questions.
Drop-in Tutoring Schedule by Subject
If you want assistance tailored to meet your personal learning needs and goals, we offer one-on-one tutoring for many courses. Individual appointments allow you to work one-on-one with a tutor at a prearranged time in our center.
One-on-one tutoring is a great environment to test out your knowledge. Tutors won't do the work for you; rather, they will give you the opportunity to increase your comfort level with the material by prompting you to show what you know and help you improve on the things you struggle with.
Tutoring at Other Locations
Tutoring at CSULB - There are a number of tutoring opportunities available to CSULB students who seek to learn more about an educational subject or skill. Some areas offer free or low cost tutoring on an individual and/or drop-in basis. In addition, some programs offer additional learning resources.
Tutoring in Math and Science - The university and CNSM offer several tutoring options to assist students with their Math and Science courses. These services are spread around campus so please take a moment and review the information below in order to learn about the tutoring programs and their services.