High School Students
Admission to CSULB is highly competitive. First-time, first-year applicants must meet minimum CSULB eligibility requirements to be considered. Students may only be considered for one application per academic year. Applicants must apply between October 1 - November 30 for the following Fall semester. For more information, refer to the First-Time, First-Year Student Admission Eligibility.
CSULB Next-Steps Presentations
High school students are welcome to join our virtual CSULB Highlights Presentation. These presentations are open to prospective students who have questions about CSULB admission processes, student-support services/resources.
CSULB Next-Steps Presentations:
- Register for Tuesdays at 4:00 PM
Register for Select Saturdays at 12:00 PM
Planning for College
Begin researching college and university admission requirements by reviewing the following documents. They provide basic information on how to become the most eligible applicant.
- Types of California Colleges & Universities
- High School Planning Chart
- Preparing for College by Grade
- Calculating Your GPA
- Financial Aid Information
- Entrance Exams
In order to be considered for admission, prospective students must apply online at calstate.edu/apply during the application filing period, October 1 - November 30 for the following Fall semester.
Here are tips regarding your application:
- Keep a copy of your high school transcript for your own reference. It will be helpful when filling out applications.
- Print out a copy of your application and confirmation. This is your receipt that Cal State Apply has received your application.
- The application filing fee is $70.00. Eligible individuals can apply for a fee waiver via the Cal State Apply application.