Utilities - (Sole Source - Water/power/gas/waste/phone-Landline only)
A basic service such as electricity, gas, or water, or the company that provides such a service.
Not inclusive of wireless devices. See other applicable transaction types, including telephones wireless campus owned device, telephones wireless employee owned device, or, for service related, all purchases requiring a binding agreement or insurance.
All on-campus telephone services are provided through Telecommunications. Refer to Telecommunications Work Order.
No. If a signed document (contract, agreement, other) is required regardless of amount, see all purchases requiring a binding agreement or insurance transaction type.
If a requisition is required, the minimum time for generating a dispatched purchase order:
Utility must be a sole source provider for location.
If Grant related, must be approved by ORSP.
By accepting a contract with the CSU, Contractors must certify they are neither nor its principals or its subcontractors are presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible or voluntarily excluded from participation in transactions by any federal department or agency (2 Code Federal Regulations[CFR] 180.220, in accordance with the Office of Management and Budget guidelines at 2 CFR 180 that implement Executive Orders 12549 (3 CFR Part 1986 Comp., p. 189) and 12689 (3 CFR Part 1989 Comp., p. 235).
For contracts using both, CSU and federally awarded funds, a debarment check must be completed prior to issuing any procurement contracts of goods or services that are $25,000.00 or greater.
Risk Management Review Required?
- Permitted Payment Options: Subject to the above requirements.
- PO – Allowed
- ProCard – Not Allowed
- One Card – Not Allowed
- Direct Pay – Allowed
- Employee Reimbursement – Not Allowed
- Documents required:
- Supplier Invoice
- Additional required documents listed under the Additional Forms or Requirements section above.
- Delegated approval (DOA) using one of the following options
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Dispatched PO & receipt of goods through Shipping & Receiving (no action required by requesting department)
- Authorized stamp on invoice referencing PO# and Acknowledgement of Service
- Electronic approval (via email) sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Contingent Documents
- Payment Notes:
- All checks will be mailed by the Accounts Payable department
Invoices received by Accounts Payable, prior to payment, are routed to the requester or approver to verify receipt of service or items. Reference the Invoice Approval Process for more
Common GL Account(s) to Use
- 605001 - Electricity
- 605002 - Gas
- 605003 – OIl
- 605004 - Water
- 605005 - Sewage
- 605006 - Hazadous Waste
- 605800 - Non-Hazardous Waste
Refer to your Division/College/Department for additional policies and procedures.